Posted by : Unknown December 31, 2014


Offer means to give something physical or abstract to someone, which can be taken as a gift or a trade.

Offer can be in terms of food, money, solutions, friendship or a bargain.
Offer means to give help. It can be taken or refused.
For example:
-Shall I take you home?
-Do you want help with your homework?

Expressions/Gambits
When making offers we often use the following expressions:
May I ……..
Can I ……..
Shall I ……..
Would you ……….
How about I ………

Example
- May I give you a hand?
- Can I help you?
- Shall I bring you some tea?
- Would you like another piece of cake?
- How about I help you with this?
- Can I clean the car for you?
- Shall I help you with your homework?
- I will do the washing, if you like.

Responding to Offers
Making Offers
Accepting Offers
Declining Offers
Can I help you?
Yes, please. I really appreciate it.
It's okay, I can do it myself.
Shall I bring you some tea?
Thank you, it is very kind of you.
No, thank you.
Would you like another helping of cake?
Yes, please, that would be lovely.
No, thanks. I don't want another helping.
How about I help you with this?
Yes, please, that would be very kind of you.
Don't worry, I will do it myself.
Can I take you home?
Thank you, I appreciate your help.
That’s alright, I will manage on my own.

Let's take a look at sentence structure to offer something:
Modal
Subject
Object
Would
You
care for another cup of tea?
Shall
We
take you there?
Could
I
offer you something?
Will
You
have tea with that?


- Copyright © 2014 English Corner - Skyblue - Powered by Blogger - Designed by J.Djogan -